Looking after your guests when thinking of your home design
Top tips for entertaining guests
As we move into the new year and people are on holiday, you may find yourself entertaining your family and friends in your home.
Here are our top tips to take your entertaining spaces to the next level! Sometimes, it is the small touches that can make all the difference.
Theme it up
- To maintain an easy flow through your home while adding ambience try a scented candle or soft flowing curtains. A neutral palette allows you to choose more colourful soft furnishings.
- Often the spare room becomes the ‘junk room’. Keep it as a guest room for unexpected visitors or just people who want to do the tour of your new home. It will make you feel very proud.
Furnish the space for functionality and most of all comfort -
Think of the things you would like in your own room, such as bedside table with a lamp, classic linen and fluffy pillows, perhaps an armchair with a few magazines. Create a space you love and your family and friends will too.
- There’s nothing worse than nowhere to comb your hair or put on make-up. Mirrors also add space to a smaller room.
An ensuite to a guest bedroom will have your guests thinking they are staying in a luxury hotel.
– Nothing beats a hot summer night like a great Aussie barbie. Entertaining in an alfresco area brings it all together and gives you a comfortable place for your guests and family to gather.
At Burbank we have an array of design options suited to every lifestyle. Talk to our team of experts to create a perfect spot for your family and guests in your design.
Open plan layout
– Open plan is very popular where the family can gather for meals, homework or just a get together with your friends without being left out while you toss the salad.